Dear Bristow Run Community:
As the school year begins we want to take time to ensure that our families have a safe year of learning and discovery. In this spirit we are taking time to review drop off procedures and guidelines for all traffic on school grounds.
The full drop off policy is posted in our Information and Communications section under "About Us"
- Please be aware of your speed on school property, and please adjust speed relative to weather conditions.
- Please be aware of all traffic signals and signs and understand that they are in place to ensure both safety and consistent traffic flow.
- Please be aware of pedestrians, student walkers, crossing guards, and school staff charged with monitoring traffic and student safety.
- Please remember to form two lanes at the beginning of the drop-off loop. The single lane unloading zone begins where the orange cones merge into one lane and blocks off the left lane. A staff member will be stationed at the beginning and ending areas of this zone. Once your car has come to a stop anywhere in this zone, students must exit promptly and exclusively on the right side of the vehicle.
- Remember that morning drop-off starts at 8:45 am. Please do not let your student out of the car until a staff member is present at the car rider loop.
- Please pull up as far as possible inside the drop-off/pick-up loop. Staff members will indicate when to stop and when to proceed. This allows us to unload as many cars as possible. If you are stopped anywhere in the unloading zone, unload quickly.
- Please remember to unload exclusively from the right side of the vehicle. Last minute agenda signing, searching for miscellaneous items, etc. has adverse effects on the efficiency of the arrival process and exiting from the left side of the vehicle is a serious safety issue.
- NO DROP-OFFS ARE PERMITTED FROM THE LEFT LANE. ALL STUDENTS WILL BE DROPPED OFF ON THE SIDEWALK.
- It is imperative that you remain in your vehicle. If you need to accompany your child into the building, please plan to come a little early and park in the parking lot.