Bristow Run Robotics 2016
Bristow Run Robotics will be starting soon....
The basis of FLL is a robotics tournament in a cheerful atmosphere, where kids and youngsters need to solve a tricky "mission" with the help of a robot. The kids are researching a given topic within a team, they are planning programming and testing an autonomous robot to solve the mission. The FLL Teams take the opportunity to experience all steps of the development process.
Our objective is to:
• make students enthusiastic about science and technology
• to equip the participants with the idea of team spirit
• to encourage children and youngsters to solve complex tasks in a creative way
Team Member Expectations
Gracious Professionalism is a term trademarked by the FIRST organization and this will be the mantra for this FLL team. This term encompasses the personality of the team as a whole and not just parts or individuals. Along with this comes another trademark of FIRST, “coopertition”. Coopertition is not only how well the team works together but how well the team works with other teams. If the team members gain nothing beyond good team work described by these two terms, we will label the team and season successful.
Our team is limited to ten students by FLL rules.
Team members are expected to:
• Be Gracious Professionals
• Ready to Learn
• Be dedicated to the success of the team
• Be Prompt for Scheduled Events
• Be Willing to Jump In
• Be Flexible
• Have Fun
Students will need to have one of the following complete a recommendation form to be considered for the team.
- a teacher from their previous academic year
- an encore teacher
- a counselor
- an administrator